The Perth and District Canadian Federation of University Women in collaboration with the Friends of the Tay Watershed Association presents: Local Perspectives on Climate Change: A Call to Action!
15 April, 2013 from 7:30 to 9:30 PM at the Royal Canadian Legion, 26 Beckwith Street East, Perth, Ontario. Doors open at 7 PM
Inspired by the communities in the Lake Simcoe Watershed who worked cooperatively together to produce a ground-breaking climate change action plan, this forum will start the dialogue to include citizens, politicians and environmental authorities in Lanark County. Find out what can be done on a local level to reduce climate change contributors and what must be done to prepare for the impacts of climate change.
- Bruce Reid, Director of Watershed Science and Engineering, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
- Paul Lehman, General Manager Mississippi Valley Conservation
- Bill Dobson, Warden, Lanark County
- John Fenik, Mayor Town of Perth
- Environmental Consultant Jackie Oblak.
- Moderator: Lynn Preston, Centre for Sustainable Watersheds.
All are welcome, Free admission includes refreshments.